Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thailand, where to start?







It's been a while since I last posted anything,and I finished with me landing in Koh Samui. I had forgotten to tell you about a dragon ceremony that I watched in the Singapore terminal . I didn't really understand the purpose of the ceremony, but in essence it was performed in front of each merchant so that they will have good luck and nothing evil will fall on the merchant. The merchants gave an offering to whoever, I'm not being a smart ass it's just that i don't know anything about the Buddhist religion. When the ceremony comes to a close the merchant is presented with among other things a scroll that they display for the customers to see. This is done for each merchant in the terminal, and there are a lot of merchants in that terminal, so there was a lot of drumming happening that afternoon. Even the Army patrol stopped and paid tribute to the ceremony and these are solders that are fully armed and packing automatic weapons.
Anyways that was just a filler piece, Trying to learn how to get the adding images working in the travel blog.
Has it ever been hot, it's been hot and getting hotter and it really saps your strength. I know your saying give a rest, life is cruel when you have to whine about the weather. Just so you know it's been +35 everyday for the past couple of weeks, and it is tough.

Talk to you later

No comments:

Post a Comment