Thursday, January 29, 2009

Alive and Well in Hong Kong

As you can see by the title I made it OK to Hong Kong. I tayed over night in Vancouver so that I wouldn't miss my flight from Comox to Vancouver. I'm glad I did, when I woke up on Tues. morning I looked outside and low and behold the was 6" of snow on the ground. I don't what waas happening in Comox, but in Vancouver snow is never a good thing. The traffic was backed up everywhere. I stayed by the airport, getting there was not to bad, just added and extra 20 mins. to the short trip.
By the way , I took pictures of everything, trust me, but now I can't get the camera to download them on to my laptop. It's been so long since I last downloaded any pictures I can't remember what the proceedure is, I thought that all I had to do was plug the camera into the the laptop and it downloaded them in to a file that you created. Obviously there's more to it than that but that's why I have my blog titled as it is, I'll keep foolong with it until it's working or so screwed up that Andrew will have to fly over to Thailand to fix it. I'm only here for 6 days and with the time change and date change I have no idea how much moe time I've got here.
The flight over was long, 14.5 hours, I'm glad we had enough gas, but the time on the plane went by quite smoothly. I did a lot of planning and figuring how to spend this time on the plane so that I would minimize my Jet Lag. Believe it on not I actually got it right. The plane left at 2:30PM, we were suppose to leave at 1:00PM bit we gat away late and he was a long lineup for plane di-icing. Anyways by my calculation we would be landing at 5:00AM Weds morning but with the time change and crossing the international dateline I had no idea what time we were actually going to land nor did I know the day, it could have been Tues., Weds., or the was even an off chance we would be landing on Thurs. We actually touched down at 8:00PM, but I digress from my planning. I worked it out so that I slept for about 1 1/2 of hours in the first bit of the trip, then I made a point of staying aware for the rest of the trip. It was actually quite nice the was lots to read, watched a couple of movies, and they fed us almost non stop. They woke me up to eat on the first part or I would have slept more. I was beat when we got to Hong Kong, but by the time I checked in it was 10:30. I hit the sack shortly after that and woke up at 9:00AM this morning and I felt great.
If there was anyone who started reading this blog, this posting should about kill any readership I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment